Thursday, October 16, 2008

Self Portrait



I wanted to include this self portrait I took onto my blog because it goes with my current theme. I dramatically changed the hue and saturation as well as the brightness and contrast of this image to achieve a desired effect. Using layers I enhanced the ceiling texture while developing a much softer and less sharp texture to the rest of the image. I absolutely love playing with perspective and felt that the angle of not only the camera, but chain and face really makes this photo interesting. Even though there is a lot of positive (white) space the image still moves upward. The chain really helps the eye to follow a diagonal path up to the top of the frame where the face appears. The negative (black) space and lack of detail is what make both the color and content of the photo so alluring. With such a lack of detail everywhere except the key portions of the photo I feel I'm making the viewer see and experience the photograph in the way I want them to. It is intimate and powerful and holds the viewers attention.

No comments: