Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Portraits









I was actually really excited to do this assignment because I'm currently taking Special Projects in Photography and focusing on portrait work. These two lovely individuals agreed to let me take their photographs. With the first set of pictures the lighting was really wonderful. The sun was setting outside and casting this beautiful light through the window. In photoshop I did have to re-tone the photo slightly with using the color balance tools as well as adjusting the levels. I also took out the saturation and adjusted the contrast to create the black and white photo.
The other set of picture were taken at night in a stairwell. The lighting was not ideal but I loved the setting and the lines of the windows and railings. Again I adjusted levels, color balances, as well as cropped to really bring in the form of her figure. I also used the burn and dodge tools to make minor adjustments and enhance their natural beauty.

No comments: