Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Movie Poster




I am really happy with the "movie poster" I have created. I started with an image I took of a dancer in a gasmask in silhouette and in photoshop used contrast function to really make a true black. Then I filled the background layer and choose the radial style and gradient to create the black and white background. I thought that the letter G looked nice placed under the leg of my model so I created a title with that letter. I then choose to use Bookman Oldstyle as my type font. I changed the color of the quote to make a more powerful contrast over the background.
I'm excited to make another poster.





Just to clarify, because I was asked about it...the image of the dancer in the gasmask is a picture I took myself. She's a friend, I own the mask, I love photography. Enjoy :)

4 comments:

Rain said...

Just curious, where did you get the picture of the dancer in a gasmask? I was looking for similar images the other day without much luck.

Morgan.G said...

Actually, the dancer is a friend of mine, the gasmask is mine, and I took the photo myself. :)

Rain said...

Pretty damn sweet! I own three gas masks, one that looks exactly like your Israeli gas mask, and two black MCU-2/P gas masks which can be seen on my Umbrella Corporation movie poster, on my blog if you are at all interested.

I'm a little obsessed with them myself. =)

Love your other gas mask photos too.

Anonymous said...

Gas masks! You have imagination and ideation working for you here.