Thursday, March 12, 2009

Artistic Breakdown











This evening...or technically yesterday night, I had an early final in my Psychology of Women class. We had the option of either writing a paper (pass!) or doing a project telling our story. Our story being who we are as a woman and or who we want to be. Of course I chose the project. I didn't take an art class this term and really needed to release the beast. And that's just what I did. Bleh
I created a scrapbook and selected certain parts of my life I was willing to share with the class. I got up and began presenting and everything was going swell when suddenly I get to the page about my family members alcohol addiction. I totally lost it. Suddenly tears were just gushing and I was trying to hold in the shaky breathe between the sob like cry that was about to happen. I quickly said "let's move on" and turned the page but it was just to late.
It's funny really. I'm able to talk about this issue but to actually get up in front of a group of people (some who I know, some who are familiar, and some who I will never see again) just triggered me.
Of course I set in motion a bit of a sob fest. The next few people to follow me had mini breakdowns as well. I guess I'm just cool like that.


P.S. I spent twenty minutes trying to make blogger load my pictures right side up...screw it

No comments: